Old
01-31-2014, 02:24 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
No I'm not. I'm looking at the entire sample size for what it is. Mezsaros was scoring 0.18 PPG for the first third of his season, that's not sustainable either. He isn't even 3 points over his career-average pace for 32 games. His on-ice SH% this year is a very tame 8.0 and a 1009 PDO is near enough to neutral. All of his stats -- including larger sample ones like CF, FF and SF -- are hovering right around average. Why would you expect his numbers to be much different from what they have been going forward? He's less than a tenth of a point off of his career norm for scoring, and seems to be healthy.
He's going to be a minus player when he regresses to his career average for offensive production. The only reason he's a plus player is because of that hot streak where he produced at twice his normal rate. At his normal rate, last time I checked, he wouldn't be able to break even.

Which brings us right back to the original problem, doesn't it?

You're quick to bring up Mez's past, and quick to forget Grossmann's, who's current numbers are also oddly low for him.