View Single Post
Old
01-31-2014, 02:37 AM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
....Or you could move him down to the 3rd pairing like I've been saying and see what happens, before bringing another defensive disaster into the mix.

You're buying high with Mez and selling low with Grossmann.
So you want to break up the Gus - Schenn pairing that's looking good for both players, or are you attributing Grossmann's monumental struggles in his paring just to the fairly average matchups they're drawing? A SDD with no offensive upside that needs to be sheltered defensively... is somehow preferable to anything? I don't get that. Grossmann is playing the worst by far, so he should sit. I think it's really that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
For the dozenth time, Grossmann is also playing over his head right now. Bump him down to the 3rd pairing and see if he becomes useful. If he doesn't, bench him. Try Mez and watch him be a defensive disaster again. Then call up some young guys and see what they look like, whatever.

And for the 3rd or 4th time, I think you're vastly overrating QoC effects to excuse Grossmann's very awful play.

Mez has been average this year while recovering from injuries. Why wouldn't we expect him to continue to be at least average, on balance?

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote