Old
01-31-2014, 02:49 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
So you want to break up the Gus - Schenn pairing that's looking good for both players, or are you attributing Grossmann's monumental struggles in his paring just to the fairly average matchups they're drawing? A SDD with no offensive upside that needs to be sheltered defensively... is somehow preferable to anything? I don't get that. Grossmann is playing the worst by far, so he should sit. I think it's really that simple.

And for the 3rd or 4th time, I think you're vastly overrating QoC effects to excuse Grossmann's very awful play.

Mez has been average this year while recovering from injuries. Why wouldn't we expect him to continue to be at least average, on balance?
I don't think I am overrating it. If he's in over his head with his confidence shot, time against easy competition could let him get his game back and his numbers could improve. I'm not saying it's guaranteed, but it's a possibility.

Mez is average in the +/- column SOLELY by virtue of one of the hottest months of his career allowing him to outscore his mistakes...defensively, he hasn't been average, he's been downright bad.

At a normal pace, he's also a minus player while making life harder defensively. I would seek a better option.

I'm also not sure why the Schenn/Gus pairing would need to be broken up.