View Single Post
Old
01-31-2014, 03:14 AM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I don't think I am overrating it. If he's in over his head with his confidence shot, time against easy competition could let him get his game back and his numbers could improve. I'm not saying it's guaranteed, but it's a possibility.

Mez is average in the +/- column SOLELY by virtue of one of the hottest months of his career allowing him to outscore his mistakes...defensively, he hasn't been average, he's been downright bad.

Ugh, do you not see how ridiculously biased that is? Meszaros' PDO and on-ice SH% this year are NORMAL, therefore his +/- is not suspect. Yeah, if you prejudicially take away a chunk of his best games, his numbers get worse. Wowzers.

When Mez was healthy and given a chance to play, his numbers improved and his confidence grew. He was helping the team in a big way. You pooh-poohed all of this. Then he had a rough stretch for a few games and immediately got yanked.

Grossmann is healthy and getting a chance, is a disaster on ice, and your response is: just coddle him more. If our supposed SDD needs sheltered QoC to be viable, what is the point even? To shut down the opposing checking lines? So we are breaking up effective pairings and coddling Grossmann in the hopes that he will stop being godawful, just so we can then put him back in the same situation where he's over his head again? I question the upside of this strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
At a normal pace, he's also a minus player while making life harder defensively. I would seek a better option.

I'm also not sure why the Schenn/Gus pairing would need to be broken up.

Then how are you getting Grossmann to the 3rd pairing? You're turning Gus - Schenn into the 2nd pairing and Streit - Grossmann into the 3rd pairing as if that's going to fix things?

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote