vCash: 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Just a great job MSE.
GO FLYERS!
As always, thanks Pete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I hope they wear those purple jerseys...some of the best in the NHL if you ask me. Aside from the Flyers and most of the Original Six teams, I think the third jerseys of Minny, STL, and LA are the best jerseys in the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion of Goon View Post
i agree with the original 6 sweaters and I love the Kings original Purple sweaters and the Canucks hockey stick sweater , but better then most of the crap they have wore over the years.
The sweaters and uniforms of the past have a conceptual relationship with histories of franchises and even buildings of the past. With the proliferation and necessity of modernized facilities, the downfall is the antiseptic nature associated with the cleanliness of the newer buildings. A non-NHL example for uniforms is in football where the Buccaneers' original jersey is favored by some but the imagery of bad teams is included, unintended or not. The Canucks' stick jersey is simple and maybe uninspiring but that simplicity is what I think makes it appealing.

"You couldn't get it to look that way in a movie if you took fifty takes," Al Michaels.

"He's a winner, he's a winner, he's a winner. You won the Kentucky Derby."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUGQV3Q5K50