View Single Post
Old
02-04-2007, 10:59 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
And only 5 points back from 14th.
I'm with you fly. This team does not excite me. It was poorly constructed. Sather made a huge mistake in thinking that Cullen could replace Rucchin. Not that Rucchin is setting the world on fire, he's not, but there was a need and the need called for an upgrade. Cullen is finally slotted in the right place after 50 games of the season.

Personally I would be more than happy to miss the playoffs. If we sink down to 14th place and end up with the 4th pick over all we could draft this year's Pavel Brendl! (just kidding that was Neil Smith's boys)

I am of the opinion that this is the perfect time to tank it. We now have a supply of talent that we did not have before. I would trade Nylander for another 1st rounder or good young prospect, same with Shannahan. I would do a side agreement with both that if, in Nylander's case his option is not picked up we would resign him at a reasonable rate and tell Shannahan the same. Some of the spare parts like Rachunek and Malik would go for picks and I would use the last 20 games to find out just where some of the kids are. We would then be poised to really structure this team for a long time.

That is what I would do.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote