View Single Post
Old
01-31-2014, 06:17 PM
GeauxPreds

vCash: 500
I think average is pretty spot on for this draft honestly. I just think it isn't getting the usual media or fan hype because it's wedged between two of the best draft classes in quite a while. If we manage to move up in the draft, I'd hope it'd be for our early to mid 1st+Ryan Ellis (or someone similar, maybe spaling type). I think it's a possibility if we finish between 6-8 as Edmonton/Calgary both need defense and one of them if not both will miss out on Ekbald depending on how the lottery goes so they might consider trading down to try and pick up Hayden Fleury in the 6-10 spot if there's a decent offer. I'd still like to see us try and move legwand(if he isn't willing to resign) or cullen for a mid to late first and draft Nylander/Perlini/McCann and Ho-Sang(another high risk reward type fwd) with a mid to late first. Unless Weber or Rinne can pull a Suter and convince a highly gifted offensive talent to come to us during free agency I don't really see the team righting the ship outside of trades/the draft.

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote