Thread: officiating
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2007, 02:57 PM
WheresBarnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk View Post
I also think that we let go key components of our last years team...
Players we should have kept:
Dom Moore
Martin Rucinsky
Petr Sykora
The Latter two not only kept Jagr happy but gave us a potent 2nd line scoring
-we did not need Shanny or Cullen
We should have either kept Rucchin or signed an Arnott type

This left us with weaker 3rd/4th lines (No Moore)
Weaker PK (No Moore)
No Secondary Scoring (No Rucchin, Sykora, Rucinsky)
No Centre depth (I'm sorry but Cullen did not replace Rucchin adequately)

Basically Sather ****ed up...
He messed with chemistry..., and as a result the whole team doesn't care...
I'm not too sure I agree with that. Are you saying that you'd think we'd be better off with Rucchin, Skyora and Rucinsky instead of Shanahan, and Cullen? Moore I think was good for us, but I think the players are all chipping in to fill his role this year. Overall if we had those guy's still, I think we'd be in the same spot. Sykora did nothing for us last year in the playoffs, Shanahan is the guy to have if we ever get there again. The difference between this year and last, is that last year they didn't see us coming (we were supposed to end up last in the NHL) this year they have our number and it shows. Jagr is being held to be near ineffective every game. That wouldn't be a problem if the rest of the team could get it together. If the other lines were clicking better, then other teams couldn't afford to just concentrate on Jagr, that's not happening enough and so, the playoffs are going bye bye. Last year we were a one line team. This year it looks like we still are as much as I don't want to belive it. The third line is starting to look good, but we still need a center for Shanny.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote