View Single Post
Old
01-31-2004, 04:10 PM
tritone

vCash: 500
Not very Impressive for world caliber

Aside from the Goalies and a few forwards this doesn't really qualify as a World Contender . Begin? come on...a third liner at best on the Habs is not a player I'd want to see playing for the world's best . There's no doubt in my mind that Quebec has been producing the best goalies for quite some time (omit Hasek) and we have also produced some good offensive players.... But Gagne was a relative "no show" in the Olympics ....Ribeiro? hasn't even played a full season yet . Lemieux? is he ever going to play again? ....Lapointe? do i even need to comment?
As for the D ... there's only one guy on that list that has ever even been good enough to play for Team Canada (Desjardins) and I'll admit that I love his play and he's a great d-man , he was on Team Canada over 10 years ago .
This team would look about as good as Switzerland with an all-star goalie .
And you would take away the best players of Quebec from team Canada leaving Canada with two teams with less ...... DIVIDE AND CONQUER......are you sure you aren't a Euro fan? LOL... just humour (NOT INTENDED AS A RACIAL SLUR....can hear the anti-Cherry horns ripping into me already for this)