Where does Jaromir Jagr rank purely offensively?
View Single Post
02-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Join Date: Oct 2007
Originally Posted by
The other thing is that if you have Orr in the top 3 then surely Coffey (whom nobody has mentioned yet) should have an argument for atleast the group after the ones you analyse and perhaps even in it alongside Jagr. In we only consider offence he is a long way ahead of most other defencemen and have even beaten a few Orr records. He also seems to have influenced high scoring seasons in others. Another factor that you could add as a category and that Jagr would also fare good in.
i totally agree with coffey being in the conversation.
- i think undeniably gretzky is number 1
- i could go with any of the other big 4 in any order
- jagr has a case for that last top 5 spot, but he has company; i think he's comfortably and inarguably top 10 all time though
- i'd put coffey in there too
just to hash it out to help me visualize this:
2-4. in no order other than how much i like their face: orr, howe, mario
5-9. in no order other than backwards chronological: jagr, coffey, esposito, hull, beliveau
10. could be a lot of guys, but probably the contenders are morenz and mikita, maybe lafleur if you go crazy on peak/prime, maybe crosby eventually has a shot but he has a LOOOONG way to go.
View Public Profile
vadim sharifijanov's albums
Visit vadim sharifijanov's homepage!
Find More Posts by vadim sharifijanov