Thread: Giguere ?????
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2004, 05:18 PM
hoserthehorrible

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
I concede the point to you and you prove a good one. However, for Lacroix to say "Aebischer's our guy", have him play so well and then go out and get another starter...that could be damaging to team psyche and Aebischer too. That could be more harmful than helpful IMO, but yeah...Lacroix has a tendency to pull white rabbits out of his hat.
I agree, it would likely be harmful to Aebischer's psyche. It might ruin his chances of succeeding in Colorado for good if Lacroix dealt for a number 1 goaltender.

The thing about Lacroix is that he's very much a "I'll do whatever it takes to win the cup" type of GM and if it hurts a players' career but helps the team win the cup then he'll pull the trigger. Lacroix dealt Deadmarsh when Deadmarsh just had baby twins and was one of the most popular players in the clubhouse. Forsberg and others were upset for a while but in the end it ended up getting the Avs Rob Blake and a Stanley Cup that year.

I don't see the Ducks moving Giguere though, even if he's having a down year after last year's great playoff run. Giguere had a couple good years leading up to last year's playoff run so he does have a decent history to judge his talent from. I think this year is a fluke because of the circumstances surrounding his offseason and he'll bounce back next year.