View Single Post
Old
02-01-2014, 05:41 PM
roseyc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
i agree with some. I have to say though, Hutton has been a surprise. Yes, he still makes crappy mistakes that hurt, but he stands on his head sometimes. This game against NJ would not have been won had he not stoned Ryder on the breakaway attempt that subsequently turned us the other way after the face off for the game winner. Hutton isn't the best, but with his contract and what he's had to go through this year (backing rinne, moving aside when maz got hot, dubnyk being brought in) he's played pretty darn well.

and i'd have to say cullen and nystrom weren't the mistakes. otherwise, like what you had to say.
Nystrom is ok but overpaid like Hendrick who was way overpaid. Cullen and Stalberg I think are because to get someone significant we are going to have over pay. The grinders want to come here and the two way players will come here but the offensive players not so much unless overpaid at this point. Poile is alway looking for salvation army type deals and hope to catch lightning in a bottle. So it always seems like there is the perception that their money is tight. You get 4 for the price of 1 and increase your odds. Paying for high prices could be like Semin in Carolina..So far it's not looking great. Risky but you either develop a top notch scorer are you pay for one. We do better paying or trading for them for them. Kariya and Sully and Arnott and Dumont.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote