View Single Post
Old
02-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by predshabs View Post
So if it is a four to five year rebuild,retool,whatever. Who will want out? Will Rinne want to stay? Will Weber ask to be traded? Or will they stay the long haul and hope we can get top end talent and go for the cup before Rinnes contract is out?
This day and age, there's rarely a "4 to 5 year rebuild". Also, keep in mind we're still 10th in the West without Rinne basically all season long. Hell, if we win 4 of our 10 shootouts instead of only 1, we're two points out of 8th. But, the past is the past, and we're somehow still playing some meaningful hockey into February and will HOPEFULLY get Pekka back. We only play two games in the next 4 weeks, so that's a month of free rest. If Rinne is healthy this whole season, I think we're focused more on pieces we need to get us into a better team to try and make a playoff run (I'm just saying I think we would be in the 7/8 range right now), and not questioning a potential rebuilding of the team. We made him a $7 mil/year goalie for a reason. Because he's a HUGE part of our success. There's no denying that he's a big part of our identity as a team, and when you lose him like we have, we scramble to find a new one. I'd say we've done pretty well, all things considered. I just hope he comes back and gives us some hope going into next season at the least.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote