Thread: Warrener
View Single Post
Old
02-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
Warrener, as has been mentioned, is brittle at times. He was injured as well during the cup run. As a matter of fact, several Flames defensemen were injured then. That is how the Dores emerged. Regehr appears to really miss playing with Leopold. He has not been near as dominant as he has been in past years (mind you, his play appears to be picking up).

I could think of a few names that might shore up the Flames for a good run. First name that comes to mind is Stuart. He may cost too much in compensation, but he would be the prototype of the player I would like to see them get. Another possibility would be Berard. I know Sutter has shown interest in him before, and I believe he fits the Leopold mold very well. He may be a little injury prone however. There have even been suggestions Morris would be available for another stint in Calgary. Some would not like this move but I think it would be a good one. Sopel from LA has been mentioned. Players of that ilk, may be just what the Flames need.

Lots of depth, works well. I go back to the same example over and over but Carolina, had so many centers last year, they had to play them on wings. I do not believe you can have too many good hockey players on your squad for playoff runs.
there has been talk matvichuk could be available when he returns (but since he hasnt played yet i have no clue when he will be back)... i wouldnt mind seeing the Flames pick up Barrett Jackman or Bryce Salvador from St. Louis... but if the Flames think they could have trouble re-signing Hamrlik this summer i would like to see them go after Visnovsky, Allen or maybe even Pitkanen... it would be a steep cost but it would be worth it to fill the void hamr is going to leave

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote