View Single Post
Old
02-05-2007, 04:27 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
Hello board. Figure I'd make this my first post. Another year, no rebuilding, no playoffs and a bad coach behind the bench. Yep. That's the Rangers.

First move I dream about would be management moving towards the light and seeing this team stinks and isn't making the playoffs and to become sellers

Second move, fire Renney. He is horrible.

Third move, trade Nylander and Rosival. Nylander is a UFA and I didn't get the sense he wanted to come back and was looking for his final big payday. The Rangers drafted a boat load of defense prospects. It's time to sell high on Rosival. I believe Rosival could bring back a mid to late first round pick as well as a good prospect. Nylander probably would fetch a deal similar to what Rucinsky did when he brought back a 2nd round pick and Umberger.

Fourth move, release Hossa immediately. He's horrible.

Fifth move, send Hollweg to the Pack. I don't know why he was ever called up in the first place. He didn't earn it.

Sixth move, trade J. Ward and Rachunek for 3rd and later picks. I think teams would want those guys if it was for later round picks.

Seventh move, trade Immonen. Obviously, they have it in for this guy. Have no idea what the return would be. Perhaps if they packaged him with Pock who they also don't seem to like, they could bring a decent pick.

Eighth move, call up Dawes, Callahan, Byers and Baranka.

Dawes and Callahan should both be placed on one of the top 2 lines so they develop. Move Shanny to left wing. He can hack it. Baranka should have made the team out of camp. Figure you get a center back in the Nylander or Rosival deal.

Dawes-Straka-Jagr
Shanny-trade center -Callahan
Byers-Cullen-Prucha
Hall-Betts-Ortmeyer

A. Ward-Baranka
Girardi-Tyutin
Malik- Lampman

Might as well play Lampman till Staal gets here next year. I'd trade Malik but nobody would want him.

Ok right away when you say remove Hossa because he's horrible, thats when I stop paying attention to what you have to say because obviously you have no hockey sense if you truely believe Hossa has been horrible. Hossa has played a solid game this year. He's finally using his body to his advantage and he is slowly but surely starting to shoot the puck more. Sure you wont see this in his stats because I believe even though he is what 25, he is still developing and this year I think he took a huge turn. He's been promoted to the 2nd line to play with Shanny which I certainly believe he deserved. The stats will come but as for now he is improving his offensive side to his game something he was lacking. He is becoming a very solid 2 way player, his defense was never suspect as he backchecks well and because he is good defensively he is used on the PK. He is a big body out there and he's moving his legs a lot more this year winning battles in the corners in the offensive zone. And last game against Tampa he showed signs of the type of skill his brother has when he made nice move to split two defenders when the puck redirected to him and making a nice move on the goalie but Holmqvist made a great save. I'm tired of people ripping on Hossa, he is the farthest thing from the problem and in fact he has been one of the bright spots this year. If anything get rid of the useless Hall who does nothing, no scoring touch, suspect defensively, doesnt use his size to his advantage at all and really isnt that fast.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote