View Single Post
Old
02-03-2014, 10:49 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wentz22 View Post
I think Kulemin would do very well on this team, I'v heard the opposite when it comes to Nonnis trade requirments, at times it sounded like a veteran top 9 guy is something they were looking for, But who really knows with Nonnis. The hardest part about making a trade with the leafs at the deadline i believe, would be making everything fit under the cap.
I think Kulemin would be a very good fit on the Preds. He's an interesting player. He can play in most situations, including the top 6. He's a smart player, and he's willing to go to the dirty areas. He works hard and he plays the game the right way. Put him with a skilled player, and he's going to create space for that player to work. The biggest thing though is that people expect that this will lead to points, where Kulemin plays a more cerebral game, one that actually results in less stat success but more team success (if that makes sense). He'll help a line get a goal, and very much be a huge part of that goal, but he won't be on the stat sheet for it.

I'm not really sure what Nonis' asking price could be, I guess I was just saying he's not going to be had for like a 3rd or 4th. He's the kind of guy playoff teams will love, and I can see him getting a pretty decent return. That really depends on if Nonis is looking for picks/prospects or players though. I'm not really sure I see the value in swapping him for a top 9 forward. Maybe the right defender could make sense though.

To be honest, Kulemin really isn't what the Preds need though. They have enough top 9 type players like him. They need more skill, which unfortunately is harder to acquire.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote