View Single Post
Old
02-03-2014, 10:51 AM
pavelich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
I live out in Suffolk County. The Islanders started contacting coaches of all youth hockey teams based out of the Rinx and Superior Ice Rink and offered all players free tickets Monday Evening. On Tuesday night they still had a lot of inventory left and they started offering them to centers that house disabled adults for free. Basically they just wanted bodies in the seats. I know someone who sat in my section Wednesday(a Rangers STH who paid for his tickets) who had 14 extra tickets that were given out to his sons hockey team with a face of $179.If I remember the section was 414
I know this information for a fact because I have a family friend who is a mid-level executive for the Islanders. I also know that the NHL is pissed off at the support the Islander fans gave to the stadium series after begging for this opportunity. I don't like the Islanders but these are the facts just ask anyone associated with youth Hockey on Long Island.
My son's hockey organization, in Nassau Cty, received 75 or so free tickets from the Islanders for the Isles/Rangers game. Also in section 414.

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote