View Single Post
Old
01-31-2004, 08:05 PM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
It is good to hear Parros playing well, he must be a smart kid (Princeton). What do you see in Lehoux, Clarke, Welch and the goalies? Does anyone really stand out as being a future NHL contributer? Thanks
Lehoux is starting to coast/float again. I know he's young, but just when I start to think he understands that every game is a try-out, the coasting/floating Lehoux resurfaces. That having been said, he's on track for 14-goals, 30-assists and 4th in points among currently active Monarchs.

Clarke was in a "funk" since his return from LA until the past couple of games. He's on track for 21-goals, 28-assists and 3rd in points behind Kelly and Rosa, among currently active Monarchs.

Welch has been out since late December with a shoulder problem and had shoulder surgery around the first of the year. He is still "out indefinitely".

Chouinard has been injured on and off all season. His latest injury is listed as a knee strain with his status as day-to-day, but he started last night in front of a healthy Adam Hauser who has been the teams most consistant goaltender this season. Hauser is not under contract with LA.

To date, I would predict 3rd line NHLers at best for any of the forwards listed. Clarke has the most upside of the three at this point in time. We'll have to see how Welch responds when he returns from his shoulder surgery. Lehoux shows moments of brilliance sandwiched in between long periods of adequacy.

From what I've seen at 30 +/- games this season, Steve Kelly is one of the top 2-way centers in the league. He and Rosa are having great seasons, but apparently what they bring to the mix is of no interest to the folks that make the decisions in LA.

Hope this helps some. Reggie and Bingo might have different perspectives which I'm sure they'll share if they do.