View Single Post
Old
02-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Raymones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
So now we're discussing to move our only RD-man who can actually pass the puck? Girardi is absolutely horrible at it, Klein I haven't seen enough of, but he's more in the Girardi category than the Strålman category. I would deal Girardi, simply because he will not be worth the money he will be asking for. Solid stay at home D, but he will also guarantee more often than not that defending is exactly what you will have to do.

The best D-men are those who make sure you don't need to even defend and Strålman is an alot more modern D-man in that regard than Girardi. Although, if the choice would then be to keep either Callahan or Girardi, I don't know. Deal one of them, but not both and not at the expense of Strålman, who is more worth the bang for the buck than either Callahan or Girardi, especially under AV.

Shutdown D-men comes at at a dime of a dozen. Mobile two-way D-men who can skate and move the puck don't and it's the former a modern hockey franchise wants and needs. That's my take on it.
Considering AV's prefered style of play it would be very odd if they chose that path. He's the one RHD that suits the system perfectly. Signing him to a new deal is a no-brainer IMO. Someone posted an article with him stating him and his family (3 or 4 kids) loves it in NY and would like to stay. I'm confident they'll be able to reach a deal that's fair for both parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He's okay. Again, I liken him to Rozsival in that regard. When given time, he can do good things with the puck. Under pressure, I often see him throw the puck to nowhere, or throw it into a teammate's skates. It's that lack of cool under pressure that keeps him from being a PP option.

People always say, "Oh, we can trade him later" but that doesn't always work.
I don't agree with this, at all. IMO he is very poised under pressure. Always looking to find a team mate to start the transition up ice. Throwing the puck into nowhere is the last way out. Yes, he occasionally throws a puck at teammate's skate, but that is because he is trying to make a creative play instead of smashing it along the boards a la Girardi, Staal or Klein.

Raymones is offline   Reply With Quote