View Single Post
Old
02-05-2007, 09:46 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
The Rangers may have seen enough development from the likes of Hillier, Kveton and Zaborsky, who all have more offensive talent than Cliche. And, with the likes of Callahan, Byers and Korpikoski developing in Hartford, and still having 1st and 2nd round picks in a draft considered deep, but, not top heavy, they must feel Cliche is replaceable, when the opportunity to get a 26-years-old sandpaper-type, with some offensive upside, becomes available.
Exactly. And you left out Anisimov, Pyatt, Russell, Dupont (or were you only listing wings?), not to mention Moore, Graham and Jessiman who are all power players that might develop late. Also, don't forget M.A. plays wing, where we have more than enough parts, and Avery is primarily a C (but can play all three positions). For everyone who's decrying the deal - do you really think that Cliche is that far above the level of all those others in his way/competing with him?

Don't get me wong, I liked Cliche, but you have to give to get and it's not like we sacrificed a guy that ANYONE thought was going to be a 1st liner. We were all hoping he would surprise to be a 2nd liner! So we gave up a decent prospect, a spare part and a prima donna who didn't want to be here for a young center who has Darcy Tucker upside. Not saying he's going to get there (although I for one think he's got a shot), but we certainly did NOT overpay and he's only 26 so you cannot complain about sacrificing the rebuild either.

Needless to say, I love this move. See, TBBB, THIS is the kind of physical player I can appreciate.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote