View Single Post
Old
02-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
it surprises me that you're willing to deal all that for Horton

imo you add another prospect to that deal and you probably have enough to get a franchise caliber young forward.. problem is one being available
I think that's probably about right.

Montoya is a yet unproven NHL goalie, Prucha is a nice second line winger and the first is entirely up to what Florida spends it on.

Horton has shown he's a 20-25 goal, 50-60 point center on some bad Florida teams. With good linemates, I think you're looking more at a 25-30 goal player and 70+ points. Realistically that's right up there with the so-called "franchise caliber" young forwards in the game and what they did at 20-22.

The key thing with Horton is also the upside. At 21, you're talking about a guy who is still several years away from really filling out into his game.

Yeah you could go out and get a player who is already there (maybe) but you can kiss any salary cap room goodbye and I personally don't think a second line winger who can't stay on his feet, an AHL goalie and a first round lands that guy.

The thing with Horton is he's already a pretty good player, but he's still so young. He's also the perfect type of player you want learning from a guy like Shanahan. As I said in another thread, forget Hall, Ward, Jessiman or those guys. Horton is the kind of player who could REALLY get something out of being on the same team as Shanny.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote