View Single Post
Old
02-03-2014, 10:56 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Something to consider when talking moves: the trade deadline is actually really, really close.

Rosters freeze on the 7th, and players leave on the 9th. We have one game before the freeze and two before the break.

Rosters "thaw" on the 23rd, and play resumes on the 25th (although practice resumes the 19th for anyone whose team was eliminated). From the 23rd to the trade deadline is 10 days, so we effectively have two weeks until the deadline - and just five games. That means we're going to have to make judgments on our position in the playoff race very soon, and likely based on where we are after the next two games.

As such, I wouldn't expect a very active trade deadline, especially if we get three points out of these next two games. No Legwand move, no Cullen move, maybe grabbing a value buy like Kulemin, but that's it.
I really think if the bidding for Legwand is crazy and Legwand is willing to leave, Poile might make the trade even if we are on the fringe of competing for a playoff spot. If we can get a first plus a solid prospect, or a real blue chip prospect and a lower level roster player, it might be worth it and just let Spaling center the line Legwand had been on for the rest of the season.

This line of reasoning is predicated on the idea that we aren't going to be signing Legwand this summer, and I think thats highly likely