View Single Post
Old
02-06-2007, 08:28 AM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Do you guys think trading Sammy will be easy?

$3.5 million for 7 goals and a defensive liablity in the playoffs?

He has another year at $3.5 million too.

The only teams that would be interested are teams that are desperate for offense, since he does have offensive skills; this is just a bad year.

I think part of the problem wa Carbo insisting that he play with Kovy, and that does NOT work when two players want the puck. Kovy's game is mis-direction with the puck and Sammy's game is speed with the puck and never the two shall meet.

I agree with many that Sammy looked good with Bonk, but the problem is that is a checking line and Sammy doesn't like to backcheck nor work on the boards to clear the puck.

I think we'll be lucky to dump his salary for a 2nd tier defensive prospect and a mid round pick.

If we pick up Acoiun, it will be the end of signing Souray and I do NOT want that!!!
Gainey should try to deal him to SJ for another but slightly cheaper underachiever (this year): Mark Bell. He would be the perfect fit on a third line with his size and willingness to throw his body around. Ans Samsonov would be soooo happy to play again with Thornton.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote