View Single Post
Old
02-04-2014, 05:52 AM
Perrah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiCats View Post
Eller's career high is 57 points in the AHL in 09-10. Yeah, can't have enough of those point getters.

Desharnais had seasons of 97, 108 and 118 points in the Q, and a 106 point season in the ECHL.

So tell me again why I should value Eller's offensive upside and give a crap that Desharnais is short?
Because Eller actually earned his chance to play quality minutes early in the year and then it was just taken away from him because they needed to get ole Davey going. Once Galchenyuk went down he was given grinders and was also moved to wing, which has shown to be awful placement for the guy. Especially when you move him to wing to put Briere at center, who is a defensive black hole.

I dont recall trying DD on the wing when he was struggling to do anything useful, and DD actually looked pretty good at wing the last time he played there in the playoffs against the Bruins. Here is what Eller knows at this point, no matter what he does DD will get the PP time and offensive opportunities because he cant do anything else if he isnt producing and that isnt going to change for atleast 3 more years because nobody wants a 5'6" center.

No denying Eller has looked pretty bad lately, but hopefully they re-unite the EGG line after the olympics since they cant score now, but I am not holding my breath on that one because god forbid DD be stuck with a grinder on his line for a change.

Last edited by Perrah: 02-04-2014 at 05:57 AM.