View Single Post
Old
02-06-2007, 09:56 AM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
I brought this up in a thread a couple of weeks ago, and was attacked by the forum faithful. No matter how many amazing saves the guy makes, the goal that beats us seems to find it's way into the net way too often.

Take last night...Hasek played like crap, but came up big when it mattered most. Lundqvist came up big a lot, but played like crap when it mattered most.

I think the thing that bothered me the most was the second goal. Giving the puck away was a bad mistake, stuff like that happens. But not hustling to get back in net to make up for his mistake was unconscionable. If you still have the game on Tivo, take a look and you'll see what I mean. Lundqvist didn't exactly give maximum effort on that play, it was like he conceded the goal.

Who does he think he is, Jaromir Jagr?
On a team with no offense and no defense it is unfair and silly to expect a goalie to consistently save their butts.

Again, I feel that too many of you are focusing in the wrong areas. Management put together this team with no offense, defense, heart, chemistry etc. yet most here and in the media give management a pass unlike perhaps any other situation I have ever seen in sports.

Picking on any individual player is missing the point. We are watching a diseased animal and wondering why it isn't getting healthy when management is doing nothing to make it healthy.

I hate that Sather gets away with this while people here and elsewhere target incredibly small targets that have nothing to do with the major problem. Sather is attempting to put band aids on a wound that has been festering for years. Why everyone does not realize this as the problem is the single greatest mystery in all of this.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote