Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Simon Moser
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Preds33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds View Post
Interesting that Moser is called up before sissons. I guess they want a warm body for these last two games for a 3rd/4th line role and would rather let sissons develop in the AHL over the next week or so.
Probably so that Sissons can keep playing during the Olympic break. Moser will already be playing as he will be competing in the Olympics.

I am not sure how exactly this applies but this portion what I have read may be why it's Moser and not Sissons.

Quote:
Waiver-exempt players who do NOT meet the 87-day or 16-game criteria ARE eligible for loan at anytime prior to the Olympic break through 5 p.m. on the day following the NHL team's final game before the Olympic Break.

If these players are NOT loaned back prior to that 5 p.m. deadline, they will be ineligible for loan for the remainder of the Olympic break.

http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/index...n_rules_d.html
What I am not sure about is, it says by 5 pm the day after the team's last game before the break. Well the last game is on the 8th and break starts on the 9th so I am unsure how this is applied. It may be somewhere else on the boards here but I am not sure.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote