View Single Post
Old
02-04-2014, 11:12 AM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Very highly unlikely a team will trade a top 6 potential for a rental. Do you wanna trade Gallagher for Vanek?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I would rather a Toffoli than a Pearson, but I think that's a bit of a fantasy. I was lukewarm at best on Pearson when he was drafted, but he seems to be scoring at a good clip in the AHL. Could be a decent 2nd-3rd liner down the road. Not sure Markov is going to get you a real bluechipper but Pearson has some interesting upside.

Clifford may not be a sexy player either but those guys are hard to come by and have value beyond the scoresheet. The first will be a late pick but that's the nature of trading to a contender.

I wasn't crazy about it at first because I think we desperately need to upgrade our scoring and this deal doesn't really help that, but all things considered, it's not a bad package at all.
...I love Kyle Clifford, but Andrei Markov is one of the premier PPQB's in the League and in LA, Tyler Toffoli is unfortunately stuck behind a plethora of other RWers...the Habs might have to throw in a small something-or-other to make it happen, but I believe we can get Toffoli for Markov due to the situation...it certainly doesn't hurt to try, at least...