View Single Post
Old
02-04-2014, 01:35 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1971 View Post
I don't understand the "this player must make the list " argument. I thought this was this to be the opinion of the people voting, not the " this player must make Our list to make it look legit". Out of the players in the above list, I think that Savard, Lemaire, Nedomansky are shoo-ins for Me. Lafontaine isn't a top 60 Center in My eyes and neither is Sundin.
My opinion is that the players I listed (Nedomansky, Petrov, Savard, Fredrickson, MacKay, Keats, Larionov) should make our list.

Leaning towards Sundin, Sittler, and Zetterberg also making it based on comments above, but it's still early this round, and obviously all 10 players can't be voted in now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
Can somebody tell me why Denis Savard is better than Darryl Sittler? Offensively, they're very close, and I'd put Sittler ahead in terms of grit and leadership. Savard has a better reputation as a playoff performer, but Sittler was strong in his own right in the playoffs during his prime.
I guess Sittler might be closer than we thought. Anyway, this is kind of a lame hockey-reference comparison, but I think it tends to show a small but clear advantage for Savard:

Sittler points finishes: 3rd, 8th, 8th, 9th, 9th
Savard points finishes: 3rd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 7th

Sittler PPG finishes: 3rd, 4th, 8th, 9th, 9th, 10th
Sittler PPG finishes: 3rd, 3rd, 7th, 7th, 7th, 8th, 8th, 8th

Sittler All Star Games: 1975, 1978, 1980, 1983
Savard All Star Games: 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1991, 1996

And as shown above, Savard has a small advantage in VsX-7 year score.

Basically, it's a lot of little things in Savard's favor, though perhaps you indirectly made the case that Sittler could be considered a viable add NEXT round.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote