View Single Post
Old
02-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
That makes him third amongst the available players.

This list doesn't cover or cover perfectly 6 of the currently eligible players (Petrov, Larionov, Mackey, Fredrickson, Keats, Nedomansky). AMongst guys below Sundin, we find quite a few guys that are clearly better than him (think Ted Kennedy, Sergei Fedorov, Dave Keon), a few guys that are better than him (Modano, namely) and another group who is somewhat in between those two groupings (think Pavel Datsyuk, Hooley Smith).

Amongst guys higher than Sundin, you also have players who are not as good (think Clint Smith and Henrik Sedin)... but that's really the only ones I can think of. It's a rough indicator of offensive prowess. I guess one can go either way with Sittler.

Otherwise, Marty Barry was CLEARLY the best playoff player available last round, and was probably the best playoff player available since Ted Kennedy went in. If he wasn't, well then that probably means all the best playoff-performing goalies are straight out of the 30ies, and we obviously know it's not the case.
Barry is in so I won't belabor the point but in the top 60 dman project there were great lengths taken to show how great and important Shore was in the playoffs to that Boston team.

If Barry truly was the clearly best playoff performer last round, then those Bruins teams underachieved given all of the top 60 talent accolades given to those teams and players by this group generally (Shore, Clapper, Barry, Thompson and MaKay is 30).

true some of Barry's best playoff performances were with the Wings but those teams alot had extremely good depth scoring in the playoffs as well.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote