View Single Post
Old
02-06-2007, 12:41 PM
NYR94

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
He's not the same player he was a few years ago. Although he was okay last year. But something has changed...I don't know. Maybe the injuries? I've read that they're saying he has like 25% body fat or something crazy like that. Really out of shape.

I also read that he's become more of a perimeter player who is reluctant to go towards the net. Now I know he was never a net-crashing power forward, but I do recall seeing him use his incredible shiftiness and stickhandling to weave his way into the slot to create scoring chances. If he's completely stopped doing that now then that's definitely a problem.

The team needs a 2nd line center, not another LW. If I were an NHL GM I'd stay away from Samsonov this year with the bad season he's having. Then wait to see what happens over the summer. Maybe if he gets himself in shape and rediscovers his drive over the summer then you take a chance on him by trading for him or signing him if Montreal buys him out. Or waives him again. But he's not what the Rangers need.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote