View Single Post
Old
02-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
I disagree. I don't think Jessiman was ever given a chance at Hartford. You really don't know what he could do with a season of 20 to 25 minutes a game. If you are going to stick your neck out and draft a raw, powerforward prospect. You don't play him 10 minutes a game and expect him to improve.
Jessiman was given the same chance as the other young forward, he got beat out. Simple as that.

He's gotten beat out in junior team camps, he's gotten beat out at the AHL, he's gotten beat out in rookie camps.

Let's be perfectly honest here, the last season in which Hugh looked anything like what was hoped was 2003-2004.

Since that time I've heard everything from Greek life distracting him to injuries impacting development to this being the year he is supposed to develop to Schonny done him wrong.

Let me ask you, when does it stop and at what point does the player have to EARN the icetime over other young talent?

This unfairness towards Hugh, could it be a result of the same things I saw when he was in Hartford? The fact that he just doesn't look like he can keep up?

Playing him 25 minutes, in place of other kids who've earned their time is not the way to go about things.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote