View Single Post
Old
02-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
I said it in the off-season, but I don't know what everybody was expecting....

There was no way this was going to be a rebuilding NHL team this season. Most of the kids just weren't ready and the Rangers wanted to go deep in the POs instead of holding auditions..At the same time, the Rangers have done the job in rebiulding the organization and farm from the bottom up, with more and more decent to good prospects being set in the pipe line..I agree that its time to give Callahan a shot becasue his play all year in the AHL, and really only his play and maybe Girardis, has earned that call up..Everybody else can use the development time in Hartford...

To me, next year was always going to be the key with more kids ready. Then will be the time to move the players out and take the rebuid/rennovation to the NHL levels..Becasue, lets face it, the Rangers will not nor should they do a full blown rebuild...UFAs will still be used to fill in the major holes (again, 1st/2nd C and top d-man) that we failed to do (but tried) this past off season and don't have in the organization

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote