View Single Post
Old
02-05-2014, 03:52 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
I'm an outsider but I keep tabs on the Oilers. This is the way I'm thinking. The Oilers were hilariously stupid for not going after Bishop/Bernier/Schenider...They almost have to go after a #1G this off season and we know that some will be available (i.e. Reimer).

If I was the GM, the way I would approach this team is by asking myself this question about each player "Is this a player I can see us winning a cup with? If so, in what position?". Using that logic is why, if I were an Oilers fan, I would be happy with a trade like Clifford for Gagner + 2nd. I can't see this Oilers, undersized & soft roster, being a contender with Gagner behind RNH. I can see Clifford being on that 3rd line though. The same applies for Hemsky, I would move him for something.

This is what I came up with...

Hall - RNH - Yakupov/Eberle
Perron - X - X
Moroz - X - Clifford
Hendricks - Gordon - Gazdic

X - X
Nurse - Petry
Ference - J. Schultz

So the reason I've bolded Yakupov & Eberle is because, in my estimation, at least one of them has to go. Yakupov would be the illogical choice given his value is an all-time low so let's say you move Eberle for Anisimov & JMFJ, then you fill that hole at #2C with size and top pairing D (I am not a JMFJ fan myself whatsoever, but I do see the potential in him).

Another move I would make is I would throw a whole lot of money at Girardi. Yeah you'll overpay him but you need to create this blue-collared, hard-working winning culture back in Edmonton. That also rounds out your D core nicely. I would do the same for Dave Bolland.
lol troll