View Single Post
Old
02-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Mr Positive
just fix it, Chia

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
meh... talk about hindsight being 20\20.. Bishop was at the same level as Scrivens, Holtby, Khudobin. Imagine the backlash had we traded Gagner (top 50 in league scoring) for Bishop, a backup goalie for OTT with stats worse than Dubnyk.

TB got lucky and Bishop became a gem. To say "no excuse for failing to get Bishop" is flat out wrong. I wouldnt have given more than a 2nd for him. Not even Paajarvi.
nope. It was not luck, and it's not hindsight. Tampa went after him to be their starter for a reason. I was high on Bishop at the time, not because I was psychic and knew he could put up elite numbers, but because he was a young goalie with extremely good numbers who could challenge Dubnyk. We never seemed to go after someone like that and they were rarely available. Bishop would have been a similar addition as Justin Schultz. Young, unproven, but all the potential in the world and NHL ready.

Connacher was never that great. He was in calder talks but did not have a clear-cut lead. Even if he weren't so old he wouldn't have won it. GMs notice things like size and age.

I think the Paajarvi comparison was a good one. If anything he was more valuable than Connacher. We had other assets as well, and we had the upper hand and could offer less than Tampa did because we weren't a division rival.

Last edited by Mr Positive: 02-05-2014 at 07:06 PM. Reason: bad writing lol