View Single Post
Old
02-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Lindo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Regarding Gagner, if we are forced to eat cap space(any by the sounds of it we might be), I don't see any reason not to ask for Toffoli.

Gagner, while he might be overpaid, isn't say Horcoff levels. Put him on a wing with a two-way C (sayyy Mike Richards) and a power winger (sayyy Dustin Brown) and I'm sure he'll put up points fairly well.

We're not in the business of doing NHL teams favors (or shouldn't be), so I don't see why we'd eat cap, accept a 3rd/4th liner in Clifford in return, and a draft pick for a team which wants to start contending sometime in the near decade.
This is exactly how I feel. Clearly there is some discussion going with EDM-LA on Gagner, Friedman, McKenzie, LeBrun, and Stauffer all have pretty much said that but it makes little sense that the rumoured return is Clifford + a pick. With all due respect to 'the mayor', I don't buy it.

How did the price MacT set as a top 6 foward/top 4 dman/starting goaltender go down to 4th liner and a pick? If we're trading Gagner we need a legit asset coming back.