View Single Post
Old
02-06-2014, 12:54 AM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

vCash: 500
I suggested it before... but had no comments on it... but if the Oilers are ready to give up on Yak and seeing how TB seems to have found their current and future #1 in Bishop (whom the Oilers missed out on)... why not make lemonade and trade Yak straight up for Vasilevski.

Vasilevski is a BEAST and will be a #1 goalie in the NHL... I have no doubt about his abilities at all (prying him out of the KHL might take a bit of $$$... but so be it. )

Do the Lightning do that deal? Well with Bishop ascending I'd say they might be a little more amenable to that trade now... and Yak would surely look good on a wing with Stamkos. If St.Louis and Stamkos couldn't get the most out of Yak I don't know who could.

Again... I personally want to keep Yak... but if Yak wants out and/or the Oilers are ready to move him... Vasilevski would definitely be a player I would want in return. Sign Scrivens or another decent starter and have Vasilevski play a 1B role... and yes he is that good. He's playing well in the KHL and has played well his entire career. In my view he's as sure as it gets to a future franchise goalie.

Yaks value isn't as huge right now as it might have been but I think many teams still see his potential... some might say Vasilevski is too much of a gamble.. I don't think so... a future #1 goalie is invaluable (as we've seen this season when the Oilers didn't have one).

Anyway... I'm sure most would rather trade Yak for a top-pairing dman or a big #2 centre but personally I think the situation with Bishop doing so well in TB might just open up a deal like this to obtain a very solid goaltender who could be a star for the next decade on this team.

Last edited by nexttothemoon: 02-06-2014 at 01:05 AM.