View Single Post
Old
02-06-2014, 01:32 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Make that a 2015 1st and I'd consider it.

Getting three useable and above average assets for Gagner would be considered a wash to a win, which is all we could ask for with his performance and contract situation.

And there's always the chance LA could bomb next year and give us a shot (or two…) at McDavid.

Hey, they could. Brown is on a serious decline and Richards is on the start of that slope too. Quick has proven to be pretty inconsistent and they lack scoring in a big way.
Meh, I'm not sure adding Frattin to Clifford + 1st makes the package anymore enticing to be honest. The value is there, but not overly fond of the assets. The 1st is the most valuable thing there, and I think trading Gagner for a pick as a centerpiece is a step backwards. Unfortunately, thats where I think we're headed.

There's only so many teams that can suck in the Pacific, somebody has to make the playoffs. Anaheim and San Jose; Edmonton and Calgary make up the chocolate cookie bookends. Vancouver, Arizona () and Los Angeles make up the delicious creamy center. Maybe you can enjoy one wild card flavor.

I suppose it's possible, but I fathom it unlikely that Los Angeles would have balls in the McDavid lottery. Then again, the 2015 draft looks deeper then this year. I'd keep an eye on Connor Bleackley near the back of the 1st round if we get their 1st this year.