View Single Post
02-06-2014, 01:43 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I get it that you refuse to acknowledge that comparing the already mature franchise that was Tampa when the acquired MSL to the fledgling Predators when they acquired Vokoun and Sullivan is not an apples to apples comparison.

Plus Tampa signed MSL as a UFA... its not like their GM had to trade for him or anything... they just took a chance on a guy who Calgary gave up on and happened to find a diamond in the dung heap.
So when are we going to mature as a franchise on your trajectory curve?

I love how MSL is luck, where as finding Rinne in 8th rd is something that should hold over Poile until he wants to retire. His time in Calgary was all on the 4th line, it was no secret he had offensive ability, people were just concerned about it size.

I actually have it on good authority that we are we interested in signing MSL at the time. Why it didn't get done, I can't answer that, but it does not surprise me. We'd be looking at a different franchise right now though, that's for sure.

Tampa is on fire again obtaining talent offensive talent outside of the 1st rd. Johnson, Killorn, Palat. They don't even need Stamkos to be #3 in the East.

Last edited by dulzhok: 02-06-2014 at 01:57 AM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote