Thread: What if...
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2007, 09:52 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

vCash: 500
The team sucks big time right now...

I don't even care if we'll make playoff or not, let play the kids and see what they can do would be really great for me.

First, call back Kostsitsyn. I think that everyone will agree on that one. My lineup for thursday:

Higgins-Koivu-Kostsitsyn
Latendresse-Plekanec-Kovalev
Streit-Bonk-Johnson
Perezhogin-Lapierre-Ryder

Then, Bégin is supposed to be back for Saturday. If he can play, I would like to see Gainey put Downey on waivers. I like the guy but he can't play in the NHL anymore. My lineup for saturday:

Higgins-Koivu-Kostsitsyn
Latendresse-Plekanec-Kovalev
Streit-Bonk-Johnson
Bégin-Lapierre-Perezhogin
*Ryder bench

For the games to follow, I think that Carbo should bench the player who works the less in the games. Even if his name is Kovalev. He should take about 5-6 games to evaluate Kost and he a decision would have to be make. If he can play on the top two lines like I think he would, Ryder or/and Perezhogin would have to leave. The "and" is if Gainey wants to bring back a veteran forward.

I like the way Carbo is coaching since he gives the ice to the players who are working hard. however, as much as I like Johnson and Streit, their place are not on the first line. That said, Streit on the 3rd could be really interesting.

The way I see it, Carbo could deal with eight potential top 6 guys: Koivu, Kovalev, Higgins, Plekanec, Latendresse, Ryder, Perezhogin and Kostsitsyn. The six guys who show they want yo play everynight would have their spot on the top two lines. The 7th guy would play with Bégin and Lapierre and the last guy would be bench.

CALL BACK KOST!

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote