View Single Post
02-06-2014, 02:45 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
The only excuse you guys come up is some hypothetical, subjective, imaginary world where Smith is playing in some other system scoring 40g a season. Or dreams of Legwand scoring 100 points. You have to live in that imaginary world because there is no proof to what you are saying.
I never said that. I don't know where you got your numbers from. The fact is our organization struggles offensively. Some believes it's only the GM. Others the coach. I think it's both but frankly I don't care. I'm tired of it holding us back and want it to get better.

As for the actual thread question. We have a lot of disappointments. But not being able to land a top line scorer in any of drafts, despite the round is the worst mistake. The team has had some great picks yes, but here we are still struggling to draft top line offensive talent. And given our inability to land those players in trade or signing, it makes our draft failings in that department worse.

Upshall over Lupul is pretty much our drafting philosophy in one pick. Not that Lupul became a top player but it shows we went with a harder worker more character guy instead of offense. We took that one pretty safe. And we actually got a pick for not picking Lupul.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote