View Single Post
Old
02-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Block More Shots

vCash: 500
I had work, couldn't watch the game. I'm glad to hear that we FINALLY got a point out of a game. We're not out of it boys, we still got 28 games left and only 6 points out of the 8th spot. Not only that, but we have two games in hand on Carolina so that helps a lot. There's still a lot of hockey to play, don't give up hope!

Sean Avery was exactly what I knew he would be. Not that anyone pays attention to what I say on this forum, but I've been saying how good the guy is as a hockey player. I've been wanting the Rangers to trade for Avery since the last season's trade deadline. If he can keep his PIMs under control down the stretch and just play some solid, gritty hockey, I think he can really help spark this team to some wins.

Obviously, two points would've been a lot better, but we played a great game. Brodeur, once again, won this game for the Devils.

Tell me how sick this line would be (even though I dont think it'll happen):

Avery-Cullen-Prucha

Three fast players with scoring ability on one line. Prucha does show some grit out there and tries to hit people. Avery does everything well. Cullen is a good player when he plays with people that skate with him. My new line formations:

Shanahan-Nylander-Jagr
Avery-Cullen-Prucha
Straka-Betts-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Krog-Hossa

I like Straka but maybe if he plays the 3rd line, he can help add some scoring on the lower lines. Also, I know we've been saying that Shanny and Jagr shouldn't play together but seriously, why not? Let's try it out. Straka, Nyls, and Jagr haven't been spectacular as of late, why not just try it out and see what happens? Maybe Jagr and Shanny can start lighting the lamp a bit more. Jagr setting up Shanny at even strength could really help this team.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote