View Single Post
Old
02-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH Iggins View Post
He need to be called up but I think he is injured right now (not sure).

Carbo should that line next game...

Probert-Howe-Richard/Orr-Shore

may be we would score more then one goal and kill the entire other team ?

Last 80pts: Recchi (97)
Last 90pts: Damphousse & Muller (93)
Last 100pts: Naslund (86)

Where is Doug Gilmour anyone ? May be he would be a good rental.
Actually as for 90 pts. it was Turgeon (96) and Damphousse (96) who did it last in 1995-96. And they were labelled soft at times and considered not good enough to lead the Habs to the cup. Hmm, 96 pts. in 95-96 is still 85 or so by today's scoring rates (only down a half a goal per gamer from then). But I guesst the scrutiny is a bit understandable, considering the shakeup experienced and the fact a cup was just 3 years in the past, expectations were not to bow out in the 1st or 2nd round as the Habs have done every time they get to the dance. Those two were also the last to score 33+ goals in a season for us both tallying 38. There can't be a single team out there with such an unprolific offensive history in the last decade.

That speaks to how bad management was and how slowly we've been progressing ever since. Even New Jersey has had Gionta and Elias pop in 40-plus. Pathetic era for Habs firewagon hockey and I only hope it's nearly through. Adn every time we draft a guy capable of 30-40, there's something holding him back. Maybe we should give it a rest with the ex-Soviet state guys because outside of Markov none have ever given habs fans reason to be confident in the long run (we'll see how Perez, Grabovski and the Kostitsyn bros. turn out).

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote