View Single Post
Old
02-06-2014, 10:30 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
Seems his individual results (putting the puck in the net) were pretty impressive.

5th best goals per game all-time for centers. Only Gretzky, Lemieux, Esposito and Dionne better.
Yeah, but playing in the tail-end of the 80ies AND having his best season in 92-93 (which should TOTALLY be counted for a Art Ross, by the way) will tend to do that for a goalscoring center.

I'm just trying to be somewhat fair to every player. I've been somewhat critical of "spike" players so far and not doing the same for Lafontaine would be intellectually dishonest. Part of me want to put him in the Top-3 (at the very least) of this round right away. The other says "meh, maybe Top-60, not sure".

If anything, HO's wrap up of Primeau, Lemaire, Zetterberg and Lafontaine is extremely interesting -- possibly the most well-articulated post of the whole project, even if I do agree with some determinations in it. Now, I don't think Primeau has a case over Lafontaine. Lemaire has a bit of the Larionov syndrome (certainly won't lead his team in scoring while playing with Lafleur...).

Last edited by MXD: 02-06-2014 at 10:36 PM.
MXD is offline   Reply With Quote