View Single Post
Old
02-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Renney's coaching is the same...

The difference is that around this point last season, Jagr had about 13 goals more. While that goal difference may've been made up by others, the real difference has been the 'fact' that he's not dominating like last season, whereby the Rangers' top line would carry the play, and that seemed to carry through to other lines. With a dominating Jagr, one seems to notice the others a bit less. Remember also, the Rangers fell apart down the stretch last season, and Renney seemed to not have a clue what to do.

As for Cullen - he's a third liner trying to be a second liner. Further, he's a PP point guy trying to be a center/setup guy. I've said this before, and that's guys need to play in the roles that made them successful. Further, I believe that success on the PP can lead to success at even strength. Cullen ha 2 PP assists this year and zero goals. He's playing a different position. Perhaps with a bit more PP time (and the point has been a problem this season), he would get more goals, more assists, and that would help his ES game. Some guys need to play a certain amount of ice time. Some times get into rhythms and into routines and when you break them, they don't fare as well. I believe Cullen is one of those guys. I believe Prucha's another (i.e., get him out there with Jagr, on the PP for a bit, and even at ES, and I think you'll see the goals start to come again).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote