View Single Post
Old
02-07-2014, 11:50 AM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
If I hear about Martin St Louis throughout the course of this argument one more time I'm gonna lose my ****. At the time Tampa Bay signed him, his history was less impressive than Niclas Bergfors for crying out loud. They got so insanely lucky that it's not even funny.
Martin St Louis did not come from right field. He absolutely torn up college hockey. The state of Vermont was clamoring he was the best player to ever play in in Vermont--yes that includes John LeClair.

He was playing 4th lines minutes in Calgary and never really got a shot. It was no secret the guy had skills.

We were interested in him. Apparently Tampa outbid us with their 700K contract. Meanwhile, we were perfectly willing to do expirements with Cisar, Tenkrat, Yachmenev-- and an endless list of overage Europeans that Poile that thought needed a shot in the NHL.

It was far from "pure luck" and actually TBL had a lot more to go off of than some 17yr old prospect in Denmark.

It's not about failure to get MSL-- I've provided a whole list of names of top-line offensive talent that was obtained outside of the first round. You guys are choosing to hone in on this. Ironic, since we were in the running to get MSL, but as per usual, Poile fell short.

Last edited by dulzhok: 02-07-2014 at 11:58 AM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote