View Single Post
Old
02-07-2014, 01:51 PM
BraveCanadian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Ah... see this is the difference in opinion here. What you call "obvious," i call your extreme bias against pre-expansion players.
What?

Quote:
Not only do I not think it is obvious that the top players in 1968 are better than the top players in 1967 (which is what you are arguing with your claim that pre and post expansion VsX scores should be treated differently), I think it is obviously false.
You are completely misconstruing my point due to your accusations of bias. That is exactly the opposite of what I am saying, again.

You are worried about tying to the average because you presume that post expansion the average player would be worse and post expansion players would look better by that metric. I am saying that using VsX these seasons would theoretically show up as being equal pre and post expansion that really were not.

I am saying that by comparing to the average player with the same opportunities you would see the spike and therefore see plainly that something else was at work instead of implicitly assuming that it was calibrated and a guy who was #2 with an 85 VsX in 66 did just as well as a guy who was #2 VsX in 68.

BraveCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote