View Single Post
Old
02-01-2004, 06:16 AM
Dundalis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasman
I think the best out of these 3 will eventually be Jokinen. Despite his size, he is very quick and can move the puck really well when I watched him play in the WJC in 2002/2003 in Winnipeg. And with his stats this year, he seems to play the game rather nicely. Depending on CBA stuff next year, he could sign with the Stars for next season. He should start the year in Utah but it may not be to long before we see him up with the big club.

Vojtech Polak, from what I can tell and have seen, he could round into a sniper. This year, his stats look like he has lost a little of the sniper quality to him but I could be wrong. He has 14 points this years so he is looking to move past last years stats total when he has 7 goals and 9 assists. He is still only 18 so he has time to mature and become a threat over in the Czech Republic.

Loui Eriksson was compared to Peter Forsberg by someone on here. Maybe thats not to far off. Again, another 18 yr old who, over time, will mature and become better at what he does. He was the rookie leader in the Swedish Elite League at one point this season and he may still be? I know he has 6 goals and 2 assists this year with Vastra Frolunda. Give hims sometime to develop and maybe that one poster isn't to far off.
We are talking about the best player in the world here, not some average player, you can't just say the guy is another Forsberg, or even say that he is not far off, cause that is still a top player. I think if he was that kind of player he would have gone higher than early second round, and was even projected before the draft at more mid to late second round. Also Jokinen is a playmaker or sniper? HF says he is a sniper. He is physical? Someone here says another Scott Young.

Last edited by Dundalis: 02-01-2004 at 06:25 AM.