Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Penguins 2/7/14
View Single Post
Old
02-07-2014, 11:14 PM
ltrangerfan

vCash: 500
Random thoughts on tonight's game.

The Rangers dominated on 5 on 5 play . So much so, that I had the feeling that the Pens were on vacation already with little to prove while the Rangers were looking to make amends for last night's loss. The next meeting between the two teams might see a more aggressive Pens team then we saw tonight. With that said, a win is a win. Take the two points and move on.

The D looked great most of the game. Anyone wish to fool around with the blocks and move G at the deadline? The way I see it this team is still a Goalie/ D team first.

The offense still struggles. I don't see the Rangers scoring 2 PP goals per night. If Nash slumps where is the 5 on 5 offense going to come from? Perhaps the Brassard line? My point, the team always needs a "hot line" which carry the team or the team will slump. There really isn't enough consistent offense. IMO, this is a steady one or two goal team on a nightly basis (excluding the PP). To win the Rangers need three goals on most nights. Thus, The PP is imperative and imo a bit more offense is needed.

In the meantime, hopefully the team continues it's steady play after the Olympic break.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote