View Single Post
Old
02-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Choice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Sorry that's actually what I meant about Cullen.

As for Immonen, I still get the feeling that this team was expecting Immonen to come in and take that spot. I've always felt that and I think that his not making it or not being what they wanted really threw off their plans.

I could be totally off but I think the Rangers expected Immonen to wow them a bit more, not necessarily be a dynamo but be an NHL center along with Nylander, Cullen and Betts. Once they didn't like what they saw, it all kind of fell apart.
I also expected Immonen to be at least a regular with this team coming into the season. He did play well enough in Hartford and in the NHL towards the end of 05-06 to make me believe. But if they really had that high hopes for him wouldnt they have given him a bit of a longer look during the regular season. Not saying he didnt get his chance, but when you look at the opportunities someone like Hossa gets I don't think Immonen got the same, which is weird considering it seems like he was penciled in before the season started. I wasnt especially impressed with him this season either, but I wouldnt say he was god awful.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote