View Single Post
Old
02-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Philly85*
I Ain't Even Mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
Interesting to think about, but I really don't think the Oilers will hold a firesale. We've got a lot of great pieces that we want to keep long term. I'd have to think MacT's breakdown looks something like this:

Don't trade:
Hall
Nuge
Eberle
Perron
Yakupov
Gordon
Hendricks
J. Schultz
Petry
Ference
Scrivens

That leaves Gagner, Hemsky, Smyth, Jones, Joensuu, Gazdik, maybe Arcobello as pieces to trade. That means there's only one spot to fill in our top 6, the bottom 6 can be upgraded but not substantially.

That means 6-7 offensive pieces are leaving, and we need to bring in 1 offensive and 2-3 defensive pieces. He's in prime position to make a move right now without holding a firesale.
Nobody should be untouchable aside from 1, maybe 2 players given the debacle this season has been. If he's a halfway competent GM he's listening to calls for any and all players outside of Hall (he could even go for the right, massive price) and RNH. Just my opinion.

Every one of the D can go for the right piece, since they're all pretty much 3-4-5 guys anyways. If a package is there for a big minute, big name player you do it no questions asked, as much as I like those 3 d-men you mentioned in particular...

Scrivens should definitely stay but that's all up to him. Hope it would be at a reasonable number as well.